Redeemed

If you don't know there's a battle going on it's because you're not fighting back.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Dying Faith

The simplest proof of a dying faith is to believe in God, in Christ Jesus, in the Holy Spirit, and not to trust them to act in your life.

There are many times that we don’t take our concerns or questions to God. I’ve found in my life that it’s usually because of two lies I’ve allowed myself to believe:
1. God won’t help me because he doesn't understand.
2. God won’t help me because He doesn't care enough about me individually.

If I let myself believe these lies even partially, I then allow myself to begin following my own wrongful understanding of life in place of God’s will. I begin believing I am in independent control over my destiny. Then, I quickly become caught up a fight of trying to force my will onto the world around me.

As my plans ultimately begin to crumble the last thing I want to do is take the whole mess I've created to God. I am by this point even more convinced that God will not understand or be willing to help. I’m embarrassed. I’m frustrated. I’m prideful. And I’m ashamed.

The mistake I’ve made is by limiting God’s presence in my own life by not going to God first. 


But if instead,I choose to live in a submissive state. Always willing to say, “thy will be done”, then I can begin to trust that the world within me and around me is actually being shaped and formed by God.

To do this though I must continually set my worldly wisdom down and admit to God in prayer and action that his ways are greater than my ways. And then to lift my worship to God wholly as my worship to self and this world diminishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment