Redeemed

If you don't know there's a battle going on it's because you're not fighting back.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Heat

"When you are in the middle of the Heat, you haven't somehow gotten yourself outside the circle of God's love and care. God is simply taking you where you do not want to go to produce in you what you could not achieve on your own."


"I can admit my faults with no need to minimize, hide, or give way to paralyzing guilt. I can confess that I need to grow without beating myself up. I can cry out when life is hard but accept responsibility for the way I deal with it. I don’t have to cover my sin, polish my reputation, and keep a record of my successes. I can look at my tomorrow’s with enthusiasm and hope.


Yes, I am still a flawed person in a broken world. But my view of myself is not dark and depressed because the gospel has infused it with HOPE. Christ is with me and in me, and I will never be in a situation where he isn’t redemptively active.


Though change is needed in many ways, I am not discouraged. I am in the middle of a work of personal transformation. This process is often painful, but always beneficial.”
-Paul David Tripp, How People Change



"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed."
-1 Peter 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment