Redeemed

If you don't know there's a battle going on it's because you're not fighting back.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sin is an ocean. There are days and even weeks that seem to quietly, almost unnoticeably drift dreamingly over her like a thin raft. But it always begins this way; drifting with a sort of silence in my head as though some music had just stopped. Something is missing. I begin to look around and wonder, “What’s wrong? What’s missing?” I’m left out, left-behind, forgotten. I feel bored. “I need to do something,” I think to myself, “I need to get something going here. I shouldn’t feel this… Old.” Then a sort of parade begins. A beautiful thought, an innocent touch, someone smile’s. I focus on it. I’m on my hands and knees now staring into the water. I check the temperature... feels nice… warm... I ease myself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment