Redeemed

If you don't know there's a battle going on it's because you're not fighting back.

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Loved of God

I have intimacy issues. Namely, I've always had trouble feeling Love.


It's extremely hard for me to love someone and it's even harder to feel anyone's love for me. This is a major obstacle in my life that I've never fully learned to deal with.


Little by little though, I am finally being led with small, childlike steps into the warmth of a genuine Love as I gently trust and accept Gods' love for me through Jesus.


It's a very slow but pleasantly overwhelming experience.


Here's a couple verses and an excellent sermon that helps me when I'm feeling dead or disconnected inside. Because I know there are many, many more of you who, like me, still live with the cold lifeless heart we were born with. So I hope this helps to breathe a little of Gods' warm breath into you as well.


I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and soul.
-Jeremiah 32:40-41

..we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, now powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-Romans 8:37-39

-John Piper, Romans 1:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment