Redeemed

If you don't know there's a battle going on it's because you're not fighting back.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Intro to Genesis

"In the beginning, God" -Genesis 1:1


I once heard a bible teacher read that then say, “Let’s stop right there. In fact, let’s just spend the next couple hours contemplating those four words. Because if any one of us struggles with any one of those four words being streamed together in that exact order then it’s difficult to say whether it’s worth our time reading any further into the bible.”


To me, that’s true.


Because by accepting the statement that there was at some point a "Beginning" and then to admit an identity and presence of "God" in that beginning, I'll need to be willing to accept a total transformation of the whole existence I once believed. And that does need to be addressed.


In light of this I've decided to start at the beginning and be led forward through scripture page by page at least through the first few chapters of Genesis.


So in the column in the upper-right part of this blog you’ll see a label named Genesis. This is an area separate from the others where you can follow along in some of my studies. I’ll probably only add about 1 or 2 a week based on my favorite study for that week.


I expect to include scriptural excerpts, essays, video and audio sermons, artwork, music and anything else I can think of. I will try to keep it organized by chapter: i.e. Genesis 1, Genesis 2- so it’s easy to keep track of.


Anyway, it’s mostly for my amusement but I’ll leave the light on in case you wanna stop in to visit.


Blessings…




No comments:

Post a Comment